Monday, February 11, 2013

NorCal Datsun Meet Up

I was informed of this meet by a few guys I attend school with. A supposedly Datsun and Nissan only event I was told, but that didn't matter to me, real car guys appreciate cars from anywhere! So I hopped into my Roadster and off I went! 

At the meet, I was greeted by what I expected: car guys who just loved cars, plain and simple! The atmosphere was very friendly and relaxed; just how it should be.

It was nice to see a plethora of rides from various ages...
From aged pick-up trucks... 

...to shakotan styled sedans.

Being a young guy from a small town, I never really got to see the fabled Datsuns in person my uncles used to tell me stories of. Mind you, seeing so many "living legends" is quite the treat.

As for the early S30Zs, I was more accustomed to seeing these, but not even close to the condition of the cars I saw that Thursday! 

It's also very nice to see these A60 Celicas in such well kept condition! 

A very awesome take on the tsurikawa hangers found on shakotan cars!



Another look at the immaculate Celica ragtop


The owner of this blue 510 coupe built this car from the ground up in a very short period of time! A job well done, sir!

I was very surprised to see this Mark I Ford Cortina here. 


I found this pair of ninjas hiding in the corner of the parking lot.


This olive drab Celica GT-S is a car I've seen at almost every car meet up since I moved to San Jose. I must say that it's one of the most eye catching and unique cars I've seen around here. I also love how the yakiteru exhaust pipes change everytime I see this car! Props to the owner!

An Austin-Healey Sprite!
It's nice seeing one of the cars that stemmed the roots for the development of my Miata

This original brown surfer Z really captures an early 70's surfer dude car, don't you think?

Hope you guys like the coverage of this small monthly gathering!
I'll try to attend this again this month and hopefully see some new old cars!

No comments:

Post a Comment