Sunday, February 10, 2013

Wangan Midnight-esque late night meet!

After spending the coolest 6 hours of my life at the Tokyo Auto Salon, the DSPORT tour was now about to take us to the fabled Daikoku Parking Area. Keyword: was.
The parking area was closed down since authorities anticipated street racer activity after the Auto Salon.
However, the tour was not defeated, and thanks to our super cool bus driver, we ventured on to another parking area. 
The freeway running straight through Tokyo Bay provided a spectacular view. These parking areas would probably be awesome for pictures in the evenings.

When we arrived, there was but a lone A80 Supra sitting on the top floor...

...and the cutest little RV I've ever seen. I want one. 

As we wandered around the parking structure, we found out it contained a restaurant and an arcade!
I, of course, had to inspect the arcade for Initial D Arcade Stages or Wangan Midnight Maximum Tunes.
Sadly, this was not meant to be. Instead, the arcade was filled with these UFO catchers.


Mickey and Minnie Mouse need to look this cute in America. I'm serious. Then I'd actually buy some Disney stuff. Maybe. 

Gashapon machines! People need to keep me away from these things. They have everything for everyone!

You like fish? Well there you have it. FISH UFO CATCHERS. 

After lingering around the parking structure for a bit, this Turbo Z32 arrived and caught everyone's attention.

The heart of a Wangan Warrior.


Before long, more cars, like this AE86 Levin coupe, showed up.

The owner of this particular AE86 was an old man who ran his own shop called FLYRAT. This shop specializes in AE86 tuning. 


You obviously can't see it here, but, the lights on this AE86 were fascinating. They would strobe and dance around like some crazed raver.



This street drift styled Chaser was done right.

FD goodness.

THIS. IS. SO. COOL. I WANT IT.
(the license plate)

Seeing a real street driven GT-R, was also a spectacle to behold. It was unreal at the time.

I'm not sure if you guys noticed, but I was completely fascinated by the glowing license plate of the R34 GTR.

The Skyline family might be the one and only time I'll say I like purple on a car.
This particular R34 reminded me of wine. Wine that goes 300kmph.

It's really nice seeing an unmolested 1st generation RX-7! Back in the States, all the SA22s I see are on the verge of dying and not treated with the respect they deserve!


Hakosuka GT-R! This was even more cool than seeing one of the modern ones in person. It's got that powerful aura about it.

These are the few pictures that made the cut for the blog, sadly. I'm still learning a lot when it comes to taking pictures with a DSLR. Hopefully when I go back to Japan, I'll come back with better pictures.








No comments:

Post a Comment