Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tokyo Trip Part 4: Tokyo Auto Salon, yet again.


I'll begin my last post of the Auto Salon with not one, but three F40's! It's astounding seeing these in person, and especially when your first time is at the Tokyo Auto Salon! 

This Mark X really makes wish they sold these cars in the States. Maybe my dad would be driving one of these or a Crown Athlete rather than his BMW...

The TOM'S 86. Note the neo-retro styled wheels and overfenders!

The Gazoo LFA race car...

and it's baby brother the Gazoo 86. Very good.

Gazoo's Platinum Sports FR GRMN. A mouthful of a name...

I choose just one word to describe this: tasty.


Let me interrupt this herd of Toyotas with a Porsche Cayenne. I really like the space laser death cannon-like front bumper.

This Mark II wagon sitting on some white RS Watanabes was nice.

I think the D-MAX S15 needs more sponsors.

These DMAX Silvias were an awesome sight. Nothing seemed to go untouched!

SR20DET: a drifter's best friend. 

I wish Lexus didn't make these so exclusive...it would've been the perfect Supra heir.

My favorite GT-R! When something monopolizes the racetrack and causes endless controversy, that's when you know it's good. I don't see any other GT-R doing that!

Luck Nagoya's choice of booth girls: superb.

This front end makes me want a Vitz.

Endless and their original Honda N360 (what the new N-one is based on)

One perfectly done Tsuchiya-style Trueno!

The GTV, the sportiest trim of the AE86, yet not the highest. (GT-APEX)

Thunder and lightning.

Those four trumpet shaped things? The Beatles if they were car parts. Good ol' rock and roll music.

It's a GT-R! Waitaminute. What is a GB-R?

It's a minitrucks to end all minitrucks of course!
 I'm not a truck fan, but I'd drive this truck. I'd drive this truck forever.

Pit Road brought this GTO (3000GT)... 

That was packing one ridiculously powerful punch



Why hello there, Mr. Godzilla

JUN's yellow monster. 

A beautiful late model FD3S

The HKS 86!

The RAYS 86 and it's marvelous Gundam-esque bumper.

TOP FUEL S2000 is serious business. And it doesn't even have an MBA.

Mad Mike's famous JAPBUL!

Argh. I wish I could've met him and some others associated with the famous SPEEDHUNTERS. I got to meet one; Speedhunter's Mike Garrett!

This is like AC/DC. It's too loud, too awesome and from the Southern hemisphere. ( only if it was from Australia. Then I could've said "down under". And that would've been cooler )

Are those 370Z headlights? I just realized this now as I sit writing.

Battle scars get the girls. Brap.

This is very unique. It's like a face. With three eyes per side. And no nose.
Nevermind.



M7 Japan's RX7 sitting at the Yokohama booth.

I must say. M7 Japan/USA's service and products are awesome. I just bought a bunch of clothes and a radiator cap from them. Awesome and low prices AND they even commented on instagram. That's good stuff. 
And everything is green. Green is my favorite color.

It seems the 86 can become supercars. LFA and R8 this year...
I hope to see a 4586 next year.
 Laugh. Now.


The Chargespeed aero booth.

The Chargespeed 86 is just asking for a bolt-on turbo kit. Just look at that empty spot for where an intercooler could be!

TOP SECRET! 
Sadly, I was unable to meet Smoky Nagata and see the famous SUPER G-FORCE V12 SUPRA.
NEXT YEAR!

TOP SECRET R35! I'm rooting for you for the Nardo Challenge! 

It's like the sun! On wheels!
It's bright, it's hot, it's big, it's powerful, and you can't get close to it.


This 1:1 scale model 2000GT was unbelievable! I think it kind of looks like a cake. Tasty.

Miura-san's personal Rocket Bunny FRS! Bad ass.

I leave you guys with the last picture I took with my iPhone right before we departed back for the hotel. This S14 had an awesome looking front end with one-off headlights and a very uniquely done hood and trunk paintjob!



No comments:

Post a Comment